Friday, October 7, 2011

Philaphilia Map now available!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool as fuck.
                    Philaphile Maxwell Pistilli was nice enough to take on the task of mapping all of the Philaphilia article locations! This thing is cool as shit... Now I can figure out the distribution of all the places I've talked about.  This map has taught me that I need to talk about more Rittenhouse-related crap. It also gives you an idea of how far I still have to go in cataloging all the shit that's out there. Thanks Maxwell!!!!

Here's a link to the map.

6 comments:

  1. If you want to cover the Rittenhouse area, have you ever seen the abandoned Warwick apartments on Sansom Street? I believe it's between 19th and 20th. It looks pretty awesome but I can't find anything about the building. Thanks for the great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you given any thought to covering other areas of Philly? I know center city and its environs is a treasure trove of both the good and the stupid, but there is much to be mined elsewhere as well. NoLibs, Port Richmond, upper and lower Northeast, Manayunk, Germantown. So many OABOTWs, so many ELOTWs, so many BFBOTWs, so many DAPOFTWs.

    Anyhoo, thanks for all the great info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. qguy--

    When it comes down to it, I talk about buildings etc. that I walk or drive by on a regular basis... that's part of what makes this map so interesting to me... it's not just a map of articles, but a map of places I go. I don't get up to NoLibs very often... I pass through Germantown, Port Richmond, and the Northeast once in awhile. Shamefully, I haven't been to Manayunk in years. After I've exhausted Center City, I will probably be doing a lot more West and North Philly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great; thanks for the reply, GJL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sidney hillman center? house at 1832 addison st? the doppelgänger house in the 1700 block of addison?

    ReplyDelete